2.13.2011

table runner

I've mentioned several times that I am working on a table runner. I have one completed (see my Finished Projects) and wanted to finish this one as it has more of a winter feel. It is actually the January kit from last year's Table Runner of the Month Club over at FQS. 

We finally had a sunny day today, so I took it outside to snap some pictures.
IMG_1790

Check out the blue sky in the background...whoo-whee! :)

As you can see, I've started quilting it. Truth be told, I need the pins so I can baste Trenton's quilt. Yes, it would be easier to just go buy more pins, and I may eventually, but keeping my number of pins low helps me to finish projects. Or, finished pinned projects at least.

Here is a close up.

IMG_1791

You can see where I have quilted some and then taken my stitches out in a few places.  I started with a diagonal along the red/white nine patches, but then I realized that it was taking away from the hex-shaped area around the snowball, which I wanted to highlight.  So, I've slowly been taking out the diagonal line - a bit at a time so I don't have to repin - so I can get the stitches the way I want them.  

Eventually, there will be a double line in each shape, with the lines being about half an inch apart.  Then the white borders will be done with vertical/horizontal lines.  Binding is with the red fabric.   

It's gonna be pretty, for sure... and maybe even finished by next January... LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment