2.03.2011

next?!

Since finishing the quilt top on Monday, I've not been able to get downstairs and sew any more. I know, I know...that was only three days ago, but for me it seems like an eternity.
The decision, though, is what to work on next. My unfinished projects are stacking up.

I think I'll spend a little time on the smaller quilt that I'm making with my leftover postage-stamp blocks. I have a wonderfully sweet little girl in my life who is about to turn one. What a cute birthday gift it will make. :)

The problem with finishing is finding my backing fabric. Since the jelly roll ("Sunshine" by Moda) is a couple of years old, finding a fabric in that line may be next to impossible. All I can seem to find online are fat quarters.  Because of that, I'm toying with solid white and a few of the leftover blocks on the back of the bigger quilt.  That's easy enough since it is intended for an adult.  But a mostly-white quilt back for a toddler....ummmm...No.
I think I may try to find a coordinating fabric - maybe with some hot pink flowers or something - to put on the back.  Something fun, but not too baby-ish.  I want her to be able to use this for several years. 

Then, of course, there is Trenton's quilt. It's hanging in strips waiting to be attached. 

IMG_1683

Truth be told, it will be quick to finish at this point. Maybe in a week or so, if I would get down to it. He let me know last night that it would have been a good night for him to have his quilt - as he sat up on the couch with a fever. Poor kid...what a slack Mamma he has!

I'm working on a couple of pages to attach to this blog - one on unfinished projects and one on finished projects (guess which will have more...LOL!).
I'm even thinking on creating a tutorial to share. That will be fun. :)

We have a race this weekend - the Krispy Kreme Challenge - in Raleigh, NC. We're running it with our friends Donnie and Ashley. Matt and Donnie are in the challenger part, where they have to down a dozen KKDs in the middle of the race. Ash and I are in the more sane group - eat a doughnut if you want, but it's not required. (We do get a box of KKDs, though, which I promise will be eaten later!).

All that to say, not much quilting planned over the weekend. Maybe I can get down there for a bit tonight. Which leads me back to the original topic... next?!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment