3.31.2011

a quarter over...

As I was browsing around blogland today, I came across this post over at Don't Call Me Betsy, talking about how 2011 is a quarter of the way finished.

Wow.

Where does the time go? No.... really... where???

So, after a few short minutes of lamenting over lost hours, I decided it was time to do just as Elizabeth did - count my finished projects.  Three months in and I've got five projects complete.  Not bad, even though four of them are, um... small.  :)

Exhibits One, Two and Three are my newest, quickest projects... my mug rugs.  You've seen the Central Park Mug Rug already (and a tutorial will be up soon!) but not the other two.

IMG_2017

Late last week, a dear friend asked me if I could donate to the local Relay for Life auction that she was heading up.  She asked for a quilt, but we only had a week.  So, I offered two mug rugs instead.  Next year I will be putting in a quilt.  :)

IMG_2043

IMG_2044

Exhibit Four is a fun little fabric basket that I pulled together.  I can't wait to make more of these, including one for my friend Julia.  (I haven't forgotten you, Julia!!).

office worker... lol!

Exhibit Five is my grandma's Postage Stamp Quilt.  I still can't believe I have another twin-size quilt under my belt, and that I quilted it on my own machine.  Something I swore I would never do!

IMG_1995

So what's next??

I'm currently piecing the back of my husband's Coffee Quilt.  I will have another post on that adventure, as I didn't buy enough fabric and had to piece my way through it.  Also, my youngest son's Guitar Quilt is officially on hold.  The little goober told me he wanted his quilt for his birthday, because that's when his brother got his quilt.  That's right...three-fourths of the way through and my deadline gets extended - until August!!

Other UFO's include my Odysea Quilt and a new Mexican Star wall hanging that I started at a class a couple of weeks ago.  The top is almost done on both of those.  I also have a half-finished Christmas Tree Skirt.  Finally, in-the-works but not started yet are quilts for my niece and my friend Jane.  Fabric is purchased for both, just gotta get started.  I also have fabrics purchased for two Christmas quilts - one for me and one for my sister.

When I'm away from my machine, I'm finishing (by hand) a pin quilt and table runner.  I also crank out a few hexagons when I can.

Oh, and there's the Quilt Along with Above All Fabric that starts next month...eek!!  I will be doing that with a Happy Daisy charm pack I just found in my stash.  Need to purchase border, sashing, binding and backing, though.

I know, I know... you're thinking I'm crazy.  Well, ummmm, I'm thinking you're right.  :)

So - how are you doing??  Don't forget to blog about it and link up to Elizabeth's post.  I'd love to see what you're up to!  

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Well, that sure sounds like a good bit of progress, great job! I love your grandmother's postage stamp quilt, it's just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete