3.22.2011

mug rug #1

I was so excited about the new Mug Rug madness over at Two More Seconds - and about finally getting my machine back last night - that I went straight home and got to work on the first mug rug challenge.  The tutorial was from Miss Nova at A Cuppa and a Catch Up and was quite darling.

But... me being me... I had to change it up a bit.  LOL!

First, I'm not a big tea drinker, unless it's iced and syrupy sweet, so that had to go.  But, I like the stripes and the letters... so I substituted my own word... Java!!  Here is my little creation.


And she's reversible!!



I used the Central Park jelly roll strips I had leftover after I cut my fabric for the FlipSide quilt I'm doing.  The letters are from Pea Alexis, one of Amanda's Font's for Peas that I simply printed out, fused, cut and ironed on.  I may go back and applique them, but not sure about that just yet.  We'll see how they hold up.

Oh, I love it.  I have it sitting on my desk, holding my java, of course. It's such a bright little addition to my otherwise boring desk.  :)

It was so easy to make...probably under two hours, and that includes hand-stitching the binding to the back.  I'm seriously in love with these little creations and see many more in my future!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Makes me want to make one NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little project - I like that it's reversible!
    Your mug rug turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mug rug! It looks great in Central Park, and the letters are such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete