8.03.2011

WIP Wednesday - Number 8

I went back and counted all my WIP Wednesdays and can't believe I've already posted seven of them. I knew I loved them, but wow! If you haven't yet jumped on this train, I highly suggest that you do. The accountability really keeps me hopping though my projects.

This week has not been my most productive, probably because of our Atlanta trip. Most of my sewing is evening and weekend work, so trips tend to pull down my overall productivity.

Completed: No finishes (yet) this week. :o(

Ongoing:

Sierra's Quilt - Rows are pieced. Going to attach them soon for a finished quilt top.

Guitar Quilt - binding is done over halfway around. Is it just me, or is this one taking for-ev-er? Oy.

Bethlehem Star - nearly finished with all paper-pieced glows that will go inbetween the diamonds. Should be able to knock these out in the next day or so.

Bowtie Swap - all squares are trimmed and I have each solid attached to a white square.



IMG_3178_edited-1.JPG



Tops That Need Quilting:

I'm happy to say that I finished Jane's Black & White quilt top on Monday. It looks so good...she's gonna love it!

IMG_3262_edited-1.JPG


Please excuse the shadows - the sun was setting, but I wanted to get the shot in.  

I've also pieced the back, using scraps from the front and this fabulous fabric.

IMG_3265_edited-1.JPG


This was actually the first fabric I bought for the quilt. It jumped out at me at a fabric store so I bought 5 yards. I didn't know what I was going to do, so I wanted to be sure I had plenty...LOL! I'm not going to show the back, although it is pieced and ready, because I want it to be a surprise. We (the boys and I) worked on a little layout that adds a real personal touch. :) I quilt it tomorrow.

No progress this week:

Mexican Star
Flipside Quilt - but I have decided on a recipient...heehee. :)


New Projects:
I'm in the 3x6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee this go 'round, my first time. I'm a little nervous because I'm not one for sampler quilts, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have asked for gold and charcoal blocks and put together this mosaic:

mosaic for 3x6 bee

  (Click on the image for full credits of all photos.)

Whatcha think??

Don't forget to link up over at Freshly Pieced and tell us all how you are doing!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I am LOVING the B&W quilt too! Katie's right, it's awesome!

    Is that a pattern, or your own design? I rarely use patterns, and normally instead "refer" to other things I like and pick and choose pieces and parts, but this I like just as it is... And I have a LOT of Black and White prints that need to be used. I would love to give proper credit for inspiration when I tackle it.

    Paul
    www.OutnumberedQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your black & white, as well as your colors for the 3x6. I'm in the 4x5 for the first time...a tad daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white quilt, I agree, it's awesome!
    Your colour inspiration mosaic is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with everyone else, the black and white quilt is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have picked great fabric for the back of your black and white quilt. I continue to love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black in white!!!! (Apparently with a lot of others:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your black and white is gorgeous. Somebody is going to be one happy recipient!

    ReplyDelete