2.22.2012

oh my ... stars!!

I know - what a terrible play on words.  But, I have stars!!  Well, sort of....  I have fully trimmed, ready-to-sew stars.  I finished them last night, so they are now patiently waiting to be sewn so they can join their lonely mama-star in the finished pile.  (Yes, I still technically only have one star finished.)


med star 2




med star 1




baby stars


These are the first set of the Oh My Stars! quilt along and I can't wait to get started on the next set.  They all look so beautiful.


Oh My Stars! (A Quilt-Along)


I've also managed to finish two TwitterB blocks... my last ones, sadly.  I can't believe we've gone through the entire year!   Linda sent a beautiful butterfly fabric, so I played up the aquas and yellows.  She asked for Scrappy Hedgerow Blocks, using Elizabeth Hartman's tutorial. 


twitter block for Linda


Charlene sent some Amy Butler Soul Blossoms and asked for a block using Elizabeth's Mod Mosaic tutorial.   


twitter block for Charlene


I was last in the group, so my fabric went out last week.  I asked the girls to make... wait for it... yes, an Elizabeth Hartman block.  Are you seeing a pattern here?  Hmmmm.

The block I chose was the Paintbox Quilt Blocks.  I sent out some solids based on the "Fresh Tints" palate by designseeds.




I also asked them to make siggy blocks to add to the back.  Can't wait to see what the girls do with it.


School is going well. I actually had a stats-free weekend and it was wonderful. I cleaned out my sewing room closet so my father-in-law could start on making some shelves...and he finished them yesterday! I'll have before and after photos to show soon.

On the yarn front, I still haven't finished my beginner's scarf, but I've started another set of gloves and a Honey Cowl.  I'm using Berroco Boboli.... oh, so soft!!!  I can't wait to get this one finished.  Looks like I'll be keeping my pattern of starting a bazillion projects and finishing none.  Just like my quilting.  :)


Eep!  I love shopping at lunch!


A local shop is having a yarn sale through Friday, so I'm heading out today to see what I can find. I've never been there before, so it should be fun!

Happy Wednesday... don't forget to link up with Lee!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Your stars really are beautiful and the blocks are lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Honey Cowl is very popular. It seems like you've jumped into knitting feet first! yay! I'm about to start a zip us sweater for my littler guy. I'm playing with Terrain too. Right now I think it's going to be some simple postage stamp blocks but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of eye candy here - your stars are really pretty - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blocks and I love that palette choice!

    ReplyDelete